Natural gas can power 70% of your home's energy needs
You can optimise your gas connection by connecting your hot water, heating and cooking all to gas and reduce your energy bills. From instant, continuous flow hot water to luxurious, warm and healthy heating or fast precision cooking; natural gas can make your home feel better all over.
Did you know that you can save up to 30% on hot water heating with natural gas?
- Continuous flow systems mean the shower will always be hot when it’s your turn! Heat only the water you need, enjoy unbeatable water pressure, while gaining valuable storage space.
- Gas cylinders work well on low or mains pressure and you’ll have hot water during a power cut.
Did you know that heating accounts for around one third of your energy bill? Natural gas is highly efficient and delivers warm, dry and healthy heat. Choose from:
- Central heating ducted through floor or ceilings offers luxurious warmth
- Radiators or underfloor heating are great for allergy suffers
- Gas fires give you no fuss and no mess ambience without the wood stacking
- Flued heaters offer space efficient, dry heat that work no matter how cold it is outside
Did you know if you are already using natural gas in your home, it will cost you about 50% less than cooking with electricity? The choice of professional chefs:
- Instant heat
- Visible flame
- Greater control
You'll be doing your bit towards a more sustainable New Zealand
Are you based in Wellington, Taranaki, Manawatu or Hawke's Bay? You may be able to connect your home to gas for free with The Gas Hub.
Enter your address in our gas checker for an instant result on whether you're within the free gas connection range!
We also have a very useful hot water cost comparison tool that compares upfront and running costs within our natural gas network regions. Find out whether a natural gas, electricity, LPG, or solar hot water system could be the right solution for you. Try our hot water cost comparison tool now.
14 10, 20How great would it be to win a some design concepts for your new kitchen or bathroom? A great way to kick off a renovation project. We have $3,000 worth of design services to give away to a lucky someone. Entries close 30th November 2020.
2 9, 20So, you are thinking of connecting your home to gas! You probably know that means the cooking is always fast, the hot water is always hot and your home is heated efficiently.
You maybe wondering, however, as the conversation on climate change heats up, if there is a future for gas in NZ? We say yes!
20 4, 20
Getting connected is easy when you've got natural gas in your street, but did you ever wonder what happens on the day? Come on a natural gas journey with us!